Employment Network (EN) Tools and Resources
An Employment Network (EN) is an entity that enters into an agreement with the Social Security Administration (SSA) to either provide or coordinate the delivery of services to Social Security disability beneficiaries. While the adoption of the Ticket to Work program is a requirement for Disability Employment Initiative (DEI) grantees, this is also a mechanism by which American Job Centers (AJCs) can develop a new revenue stream to integrate into its operations to further support its mission.
DEI Technical Assistance resources are being shared with the broader Disability and Employment Community of Practice to support AJCs in learning more about the EN process. The benefits of an AJC being an EN are two-fold. First, they help improve services and address the needs of people with disabilities receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits. Second, American Job Centers (AJCs) receive payments for their service in being an EN. In FY 2016, AJCs serving as an EN received a total of $7 million in payments for services from the SSA.
- Workforce EN Planning Guide - This checklist can help AJCs or other workforce entities in the process of applying to become an EN.
- EN Ticket Assessment Guide – This resource is designed to help you understand how to evaluate potential beneficiaries who are appropriate to assign and serve through the Ticket to Work program.
- EN Resource Documents - Resource link from the SSA providing numerous resources for ENs, including an overview of the Ticket Program payment structure, Ticket Program Agreement, and other relevant resources.
- Timely Progress Guidelines - This resource link outlines the Timely Progress Guidelines which must be met annually by Ticket holders in order to retain medical Continuing Disability Review protections.
- Customized Workforce Individualized Work Plan (IWP) - This template has been developed to support Workforce ENs in working with Ticket Holders as a possible reference guide to adopt.
- "Example" of the IWP – This form provides an example of the IWP completed with the required elements that the Ticket Program Manager would want to see referenced.
- DEI Workforce EN Community of Practice - This Community of Practice provides examples of promising practices of current and former local and state-level DEI project staff who are operating Workforce ENs to assist Ticket Holders in AJCs.
- EN / Ticket to Work Contact Information – The SSA Contact Us Page Link to get more information about ENs and the Ticket to Work Program.
- Types of ENs - This SSA resource link highlights the different EN options and models.
- WorkforceGPS Webinar on Ticket to Work Program: An Aligned Mission to WIOA – A September 12, 2018 webinar moderated by ETA that provides a helpful broad overview of the program combined with specific EN examples highlighted by field offices.