NEOWW is quickly approaching! This is a great time to educate your community about the value of hiring an older worker. With employers as the focus for NEOWW, here are some creative ideas you can plan. Promote NEOWW in your own special way and plan a large scale event or small shindig showcasing just how important older workers mean to you and our community.
Here are a few creative ideas to get you started:
- Create a "Business Spotlight" - Acknowledge the companies who hire older workers on an annual basis. Employers love to receive recognition for their efforts.
- Develop a "NEOWW Hall of Fame" - Each year, award the business who have hired older workers. Invite the previous year’s recipient to provide quotes for print material or to be a keynote speaker at your NEOWW event.
- Build upon your existing partnerships - If you are a government entity, link up with a community based organization and work together to increase the promotion of NEOWW.
- Feature an older worker on your website and social media - Social media is hot and trending so use it to your advantage. Showcase the experience and talent of the older workers you work with.
- Attend your local Chamber of Commerce events - Use existing business events to promote NEOWW. Ask to be included on a meeting agenda and attend business social events and don't forget - take the NEOWW poster with you.
- How are you promoting NEOWW in your area?
- How are you engaging your host agencies, partners and employers?