This blog post shares some of the recent media spotlight shining on SCSEP grantees working hard to deliver services in their communities.
- The Norman Transcript published an article with details about the opportunities for seniors created through the SCSEP grantee AARP.
- In Kentucky, The News-Enterprise describes the SCSEP program as a "Work program..." that "helps seniors find jobs".
- Forbes Magazine has published an excellent primer on the SCSEP program, and highlights some individual and grantee success stories: How Older, Low-Income Adults Can Get Skills and Jobs.
- Chattanooga Goodwill Industries is serving Tennessee seniors and introducing training from home, including video.
- The state of Tennessee is using SCSEP grants to connect out-of-work seniors with gainful employment.
- The state of Kansas helped participant Janie Lang bridge the gap between employment opportunities.
- The Winston-Salem Urban League helps participants to connect other older workers to training through the SCSEP program.